Print email chains in Outlook in chronological order
Emails usually have all the preceding messages in the chain appended to them. When you reply to an email the original message is added to the end of your reply. This happens every time the conversation goes back and forth. Quite quickly a chain builds up with the original message right at the end of the current message and multiple replies in between. When you print such an email chain the messages read in reverse order, which makes it hard to follow the narrative of the conversation.
To reorder the chain so it can be read in date order the appended messages must be reversed using cut and paste. This is a fiddly, time-consuming and mistake-prone task.
PrintForTrial is an add-in for Microsoft Outlook that can do this for you.
- Email messages which are appended to an email are identified, separated and placed in date order.
- The original message is printed followed by all the replies in reverse, or date order.
- You can print an optional cover page listing the senders of the messages in the email chain in chronological order.
- The title and introduction on the cover page are fully customisable.
- Page numbering is optional.
- You can choose to print each message on a new page.
- Select or de-select individual senders of messages
- Select or de-select individual messages
- NEW in version 1.1 Save output as PDF
PrintForTrial will not only save you time but present the evidence you need in a professional manner.
If you are a solicitor, a barrister, or any other professional preparing emails to submit in evidence at a trial or other hearing then you need PrintForTrial.