You need to print or present an email correspondence or chain in chronological order. It should include all the email messages exchanged between two or more people and read in date order. You may need it as a print-out or as an e-document to be read on screen,
Problem 1: Reverse order
A single email may have all the previous messages in the conversation appended to it but if you print it they are in reverse order – the oldest last and the newest first. This makes it very difficult to follow the narrative of the exchange of messages.
Problem 2: Duplicate messages
The messages you need may be spread across more than one email. This happens when someone sends a reply that is either a brand new email or a reply to an email that is not the latest.
As soon as you start to process multiple emails there is almost certain to be duplication in the appended messages.
PrintForTrial is an add-in for Microsoft Outlook that can do this for you.
- Email messages which are appended to an email are identified, separated and placed in date order.
- The original message is printed followed by all the replies in date order.
- You can print an optional cover page listing the senders of the messages in the email chain in chronological order.
- The title and introduction on the cover page are fully customisable.
- You can choose to print each message on a new page.
- Select or de-select individual senders of messages
- Select or de-select individual messages
PrintForTrial 2 is a significant development. It looks very similar to the previous version but it can process multiple emails simultaneously. It also has much better options to output files of different types, allowing the creation of “electronic bundles” for use on-screen.
- Select multiple emails and produce a single document with all the messages in chronological order and duplicates discarded
- Include hyperlinks to jump from the summary page to each message and back
- Include bookmarks that are available when the file is included in larger documents
- Output in Word, PDF, or HTML format as either a single file or with each message as a separate file to facilitate the assembly of more comprehensive documents.
PrintForTrial 2 will not only save you time but present the evidence you need in a professional manner.
Below is a short video introduction to Print for Trial 2