2.0.6.00 27 Oct 2020
- New feature: Option to select format for bookmarks
- New feature: Option to produce list of messages and attachments as CSV file when processing output as multiple files.
- New feature: Option to choose format of file names produced for each message when processing output as multiple files.
- Bug fixed: Previously, in some circumstances, a blank sheet would be produced at the start of a print job.
2.0.5.00 30 Sept 2020
- New feature: It is now possible to edit the SentOn date of a message in the messages grid. This is to enable the user to take appropriate action in the rare cases where PfT has been unable to correctly work out the date of an appended message.
- Fixes a bug where the French month Avril was not recognised, nor were certain time formats.
2.0.4.04 28 Sept 2020
- Added support for month names in French and Spanish and some French & Spanish email formats. Previously PfT had been unable to recognise the date of appended messages with these, and this caused the messages to be in the wrong order when more than one email was being processed.
2.0.4.03 24 Sept 2020
- Fixes a bug where in some circumstances apostrophes and some other punctuation marks were replaced by strange characters in created Word or PDF documents.
2.0.4.02 21 Sept 2020
- Provides support for the extremely unlikely event that PfT is unable to understand the date of an appended message. This is only important when multiple emails are processed together as the dates determine the order of the messages in the document.
2.0.4.01 16 Sept 2020
- Improvements to the wording of the message alerting the user to the availability of a new version. It gives clearer instructions about the Version History page.
- Bug fixed: In some circumstances if the user had selected only some of the messages this choice was ignored and all messages were included in the output.
2.0.4.00 13 Sept 2020
- New feature: Button added to Preview pane to copy the document to the Clipboard, allowing it to be pasted, with or without formatting, into a Word document. (This feature was present in the original PfT but was dropped for version 2 as we though it was no longer needed. However, users asked for it to be re-instated.)
2.0.3.00 29 Aug 2020
- New feature: Ability to change font size for the cover page list of messages.
- New feature: Alternative method of finding the start of appended messages within an email for use on the rare occasions when the standard method fails to detect the start of a message. The new method looks for a single line drawn before the start of a new message.
- Improvements in finding and presenting the name of the message sender.
- Improvements in reading the date of appended messages and creating a matching sortable date entry.
2.0.2.02 10 Aug 2020
- Previous versions deleted PfT’s temporary folders once a day but this could leave some files behind. Now all of PfT’s temporary files and folders in AppData are deleted the following day.
2.0.2.01 5 Aug 2020
- Fixed: An error that could occur if one of several items selected was not an Outlook MailItem
- Improvement to the function of the Cancel button to allow users to cancel processing if it is going on too long, usually due to a very high number of emails being selected simultanteously.
2.0.2.00 4 Aug 2020
- New feature: option to show or hide images within an email, including logos, etc
- Fixed: In the previous version the page header could have a strange date format if the date was in the month before day format
- Fixed: In some preceding versions the date of an appended message was not recognised when the appended message used the “On xxx date yyy person wrote:” and this could result in messages being sorted in the wrong order.
- Fixed: The message that popped up when processing of multiple emails was completed did not calculate the number of messages correctly in some cases.
2.0.1.00 (126.96.36.199) 27 July 2020
- New feature: option added to turn off or on the page heading for each message.
- Bug fixed: If an appended message began with a leader line “— Forwarded message —” before the headings (“From: etc) then the details of the sender and the date that followed were not interpreted correctly.
188.8.131.52 18 July 2020
- If the users takes the option to produce output as separate files (one for each message) and does not either choose a new folder or delete the files in the selected folder then unhelpful error messages could occur when duplicate files were found. Now a more helpful message explains what has happened.
184.108.40.206 19-Jun 2020
- The format of the date in Bookmarks has been changed to improve readability
- If output is produced as separate files then the Heading and Bookmark for each message no longer starts with Message #. It just gives the sender and date of the message.
- PfT now works correctly is an email is opened in a separate Window (the Inspector)
- Improvements to logging
- Help button added to take use directly to the relevant section of the web help page.
- Page numbering for Word and PDF outputs works correctly
- Bug fixed: If the Sent on entry of an appended email contained a shortened form of a date then PfT could not recognise the date and, as a result, the messages could be wrongly sorted and presented in the wrong order.
- Improvements to Evaluation mode
- Implement output to multiple files (one for each message)
- Improvements to hyperlinks and bookmarks
- First “public beta” version of PfT2