- Bug fixed: A bug was fixed where the time portion of the Sent on date for an appended message did not contain a colon. This is now handled correctly.
3.0.9.01 29 Dec 2022
- Fixes a problem where calls to the licence service failed because the service is now at a protected https location the call was addressed to the old, less secure, version.
- There is now an option to display the tabs which are normally on the left of the main form along the top instead. This is to avoid the problem that a small number of users have reported where the tabs are rendered in a very small size and are hard to read. Displaying tabs along the top uses only basic Microsoft Windows Forms techniques whereas displaying on the left involves extra techniques which do not seem to work on every machine.
- Bug fixed: If an email’s hidden code included “src=” without a preceding space then Outlook could hang
- Improvements to image handling.
- Bug fixed: If an item other than a standard email item, eg a meeting request item or a task item, was included in a selection of emails then an error was caused. This is now fixed. PfT ignores all items that are not standard emails.
- Improvements to the co-ordination of selecting and de-selecting messages on the various tabs of PfT’s main form.
- Bug fix: Under certain circumstances if a selected email had an Excel attachment then all the checkboxes on the Senders page were grey-out and disabled.
- Improvement: further support for various date formats, including some abbreviated month names.
- Bug fixed: The option “Check for duplicates before adding message” did not default to True. This could result in appended messages not being added when only a single email was selected.
- Bug fixed: In some circumstances the Print button did not work if you had previously click on a different tab
- Improvement: When previous output files are deleted they are now sent to the Recycle Bin.
- Bug fixed: If an appended message using the date line format “On [date] [sender] wrote:” had extra slashes or numbers then a min date value could be returned.
- Image attachments can now be optionally inserted in the output documents. (There is already a clickable link to open them.)
- Layout options page now has a working link to the Help page.
- The order of items on the Layout options page has been revised
- New tab for layout options in order to improve workflow
- New options for configuring the message/page header.
- Bug fixed where the selection of messages made in the Messages grid could be lost when you moved away from the tab and back.
3.0.6.02 6 Mar 2022
- Bug fixed: The mechanism to keep messages selected on the Grid view in sync with messages selected on the tabs view was broken. It is now working again. Also on the Select Senders tab the senders are are marked as not available once changes to the messages selected have been made elsewhere.
3.0.6.01 19 Feb 2022
- Improvements to recognising dates in Spanish.
3.0.6.00 18 Feb 2022
- Support added for Outlook 2007: It does not use the Ribbon on the main Outlook mail screen though it does when a single email is opeded. There is now a PfT toolbar with the PfT button on.
3.0.5.02 14 Feb 2022
- Show images option added to the menu list of options for the loading and initial processing
- Improvements to the way user’s selected options are stored and remembered
22.214.171.124 23 Jan 2022
- In evaluation mode when the user clicks a button and starts the process of printing or outputting to file then a message pops up to remind her/him of the restrictions in Evaluation Mode
126.96.36.199 18 Jan 2022
- The menu now shows the number of emails selected, i.e. that will be loaded and prepared by PfT
- All options that concern the way PfT loads and prepares emails are now set directly from the menu so they can easily be set before starting the PfT process
- Improvements to logging and handling of images
- PfT’s temporary working folder is emptied when Outlook closes
- Bug fixed where embedded images did not appear in all relevant messages
3.0.3.03 18 Dec 2021
- Bug fixed: in the previous version embedded images were not displayed correctly.
3.0.3.02 16 Dec 2021
- Bug fixed: in some circumstances the production of Word or PDF documents would fail if there were no attachments listed in an email.
3.0.3.01 15 Dec 2021
- New option to add add a column to Search Results view which indicates which folder each email is in.
3.0.2.00 12 Nov 2021
- New option to show a Page Layout dialog before using the Print button
- Message numbering no longer includes attachments
3.0.0.01 28 Sept 2021
- An extra PfT tab is added to Outlook’s Search tab group. This means that PfT can be used with search results.
3.0.0.00 28 Sept 2021
- Major change to the user interface so that PfT’s main window shows only the steps through the process. Other items are now shown on a menu.
2.0.14.00 27 April 2021
- Support for emails in German added.
2.0.13.00 5 April 2021
- New feature: When creating a title for the output a button allows the user to paste the subject of the email into the user-defined title text box in order to base the new output title on it.
2.0.11.00 6 March 2021
- New feature: When the user goes to the Output page PfT checks whether all the items (messages and attachments) are selected. If they are not then a message pops up with the count of items selected and the total number of items. This provides a the user with a double-check that the intended items are selected.
2.0.9.04 5 Mar 2021
- Bug fixed: If an appended message had a text date in French that ended AM it was interpreted as PM, and vice versa.
2.0.9.03 4 Mar 2021
- Added defaults for elements of HTML code behind email messages. If these were missing then the result could be text appearing as HTML code in word & PDF output.
2.0.9.01 28 Feb 2021
- Improvements to the line-spacing in Word and PDF output. Previously there was too much space between paragraphs.
- The format of the date in the Message Headers in the output is now controlled by the local Windows settings.
- To inspect or change them go to Windows Settings > Time & Languages > Region > Change Data Formats.
- An option to Log the HTML of messages is added to assist in problem solving when the output is not as expected.
2.0.8.00 22 Feb 2021
- Improvements to feedback shown while the output document is being created. The display now shows the item number and the item total so the user can see how much of the process has been completed. (item = message or attachment)
- If the user processed an email displayed in the Inspector (when you open an email to show it in a single window) an error was logged. This had no practical effect but cluttered up the log file.
2.0.7.01 13 Feb 2021
- Improvements to the ability to get the details of appended emails in French.
2.0.7.00 1 Jan 2021
- New feature: On the Messages (grid) page buttons have been added to make it simpler to selected or de-select messages and attachments when dealing with a large number.
2.0.6.01 17 Nov 2020
- Improvement: In some cases different combinations of options did not give the expected results. This concerned bookmarks, headings and page-breaks.
- Bug fixed: In some circumstances a blank page could still be produced at the start of a print job.
2.0.6.00 27 Oct 2020
- New feature: Option to select format for bookmarks
- New feature: Option to produce list of messages and attachments as CSV file when processing output as multiple files.
- New feature: Option to choose format of file names produced for each message when processing output as multiple files.
- Bug fixed: Previously, in some circumstances, a blank sheet would be produced at the start of a print job.
2.0.5.00 30 Sept 2020
- New feature: It is now possible to edit the SentOn date of a message in the messages grid. This is to enable the user to take appropriate action in the rare cases where PfT has been unable to correctly work out the date of an appended message.
- Fixes a bug where the French month Avril was not recognised, nor were certain time formats.
2.0.4.04 28 Sept 2020
- Added support for month names in French and Spanish and some French & Spanish email formats. Previously PfT had been unable to recognise the date of appended messages with these, and this caused the messages to be in the wrong order when more than one email was being processed.
2.0.4.03 24 Sept 2020
- Fixes a bug where in some circumstances apostrophes and some other punctuation marks were replaced by strange characters in created Word or PDF documents.
2.0.4.02 21 Sept 2020
- Provides support for the extremely unlikely event that PfT is unable to understand the date of an appended message. This is only important when multiple emails are processed together as the dates determine the order of the messages in the document.
2.0.4.01 16 Sept 2020
- Improvements to the wording of the message alerting the user to the availability of a new version. It gives clearer instructions about the Version History page.
- Bug fixed: In some circumstances if the user had selected only some of the messages this choice was ignored and all messages were included in the output.
2.0.4.00 13 Sept 2020
- New feature: Button added to Preview pane to copy the document to the Clipboard, allowing it to be pasted, with or without formatting, into a Word document. (This feature was present in the original PfT but was dropped for version 2 as we though it was no longer needed. However, users asked for it to be re-instated.)
2.0.3.00 29 Aug 2020
- New feature: Ability to change font size for the cover page list of messages.
- New feature: Alternative method of finding the start of appended messages within an email for use on the rare occasions when the standard method fails to detect the start of a message. The new method looks for a single line drawn before the start of a new message.
- Improvements in finding and presenting the name of the message sender.
- Improvements in reading the date of appended messages and creating a matching sortable date entry.
2.0.2.02 10 Aug 2020
- Previous versions deleted PfT’s temporary folders once a day but this could leave some files behind. Now all of PfT’s temporary files and folders in AppData are deleted the following day.
2.0.2.01 5 Aug 2020
- Fixed: An error that could occur if one of several items selected was not an Outlook MailItem
- Improvement to the function of the Cancel button to allow users to cancel processing if it is going on too long, usually due to a very high number of emails being selected simultanteously.
2.0.2.00 4 Aug 2020
- New feature: option to show or hide images within an email, including logos, etc.
- Fixed: In the previous version the page header could have a strange date format if the date was in the month before day format.
- Fixed: The message that popped up when processing of multiple emails was completed did not calculate the number of messages correctly in some cases.
2.0.1.00 (188.8.131.52) 27 July 2020
- New feature: option added to turn off or on the page heading for each message.
- Bug fixed: If an appended message began with a leader line “— Forwarded message —” before the headings (“From: etc) then the details of the sender and the date that followed were not interpreted correctly.
184.108.40.206 18 July 2020
- If the users takes the option to produce output as separate files (one for each message) and does not either choose a new folder or delete the files in the selected folder then unhelpful error messages could occur when duplicate files were found. Now a more helpful message explains what has happened.
220.127.116.11 19-Jun 2020
- The format of the date in Bookmarks has been changed to improve readability
- If output is produced as separate files then the Heading and Bookmark for each message no longer starts with Message #. It just gives the sender and date of the message.
- PfT now works correctly if an email is opened in a separate Window (the Inspector)
- Improvements to logging
- Help button added to take use directly to the relevant section of the web help page.
- Page numbering for Word and PDF outputs works correctly.
- Bug fixed: If the Sent on entry of an appended email contained a shortened form of a date then PfT could not recognise the date and, as a result, the messages could be wrongly sorted and presented in the wrong order.
- Improvements to Evaluation mode
- Implement output to multiple files (one for each message)
- Improvements to hyperlinks and bookmarks
- First “public beta” version of PfT2